Flagstaff’s vision is “a world that only sees abilities” and our commitment to that vision is demonstrated in our purpose of providing life skills and work for people with a disability.
Do you also support an inclusive community and have some time to give? VOLUNTEER TODAY!
INDIVIDUALS – With the support, supervision and guidance of our team, you will be assisting with various aspects of our organisation from driving people with disability to programs; to sharing your hobbies and skills in our Switched on Seniors or life skills programs, or helping out at one of our fundraising or educational events.
GROUPS AND COMPANIES – Volunteering with Flagstaff is a great opportunity to display your Corporate Social Responsibility and get involved in the inclusive community. Groups can assist in many different projects and are encouraged to undertake Flagstaff’s disability awareness online course beforehand. Click here for information.
UNI AND TAFE STUDENTS – Volunteering with Flagstaff is a great opportunity to gain experience in running events, community development, operations and marketing, as well as contribute to an inclusive community.
We need volunteers to assist with:
- Sharing hobbies and life skills
- Flagstaff events
- Share your talents at Life Choices programs (crafts, music, cooking)
- Work experience support
- Switched on Seniors programs
The Flagstaff Group welcomes corporate volunteers to assist us in projects. Bring your team together and create an activity of shared purpose and pride where business supports the community.
Your staff can assist include:
- Create a Community Space – Create a community garden in one of our sites
- Share Skills – Our Life Skills programs are always looking for professional experts in their field. From construction to fishing – your knowledge and wisdom can help another person discover a new opportunity or hobby.
- Hold an event – Some companies do work morning teas, lunches, bingo or drives. Why not use your resources to get everyone involved in workplace fundraising? It’s a great opportunity for team building while raising valuable funds to provide support programs for people with a disability.
- Support a current event – We have various events that need volunteers to help run the event and help out on the day.
- Get Involved – Become part of our events. Grab a team, a stand, get involved in the activities, fundraise and support a worthy cause
- Work Experience – Our School Leaver Employment Support participants are always looking for life learning opportunities in real workplaces. If you can host a student for work experience, you will receive full support and staff training. Enquire today.